Supervisor, Wire Operations
About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland,Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Work is performed in a centralized environment, performing various wire transfer functions. Responsible for daily supervision of assigned department staff, under oversight of the AVP, Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing.
The incumbent supervises the assigned Wire Transfer Department staff.
- Monitors workflow and delegates work to staff as necessary to ensure staff resources are used with maximum efficiency to meet processing deadlines.
- Maintains logs, volume activity charts, records, and provide management with daily, weekly and monthly statistical data as required.
- Assists with the Manager’s or Assistant Manager’s duties in his or her absence.
- Decodes, logs, researches, inputs, verifies and/or approves outgoing wires on various systems with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Reviews and approves incoming wires (Swift MT103) before processing as necessary.
- Ensures proper follow-up and accurate record maintenance for tracing, investigation and correction of incoming and outgoing wires.
- Performs and maintains/updates RMA correspondent bank records.
- Performs SWIFT monthly BIC update.
- Performs Payplus quarterly BIC and FRB file updates.
- Reviews and processes Money Exchange Business wires according to Bank policy.
- Reviews and processes OFAC exception on Compliance Link.
- Performs wire security functions through call back procedures, and review of customer executed agreements in support of the service. Directs customer contact for receiving wire transfer request.
- Performs calls to customer to validate wires in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Ensures all security protocols for wire verification are documented along with input of tracking log of wires received and processed from fax and/or email submissions. Insures all submitted requests have been processed according to the department’s deadlines for wire transfers.
- Assigns and issues quarterly and semi-annual sub-test key to branches and departments.
- Reviews/performs End-of-Day balancing.
- Provides support assistance for the branches and departments on the Payplus Browser wire transfer processing.
- Education: High school graduate. Some college preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience: Previous banking experience in wire transfer processing environment as a lead employee or supervisor. Detail oriented with high emphasis on accuracy.
- Skills/Ability: Thorough working knowledge of all departmental wire transfer platforms. Thorough working knowledge of the Fedline direct Interface with Payplus computers and peripheral equipment to include Payplus Email. Thorough working knowledge of the BeB, FIS host session interface on Payplus. Operate S.W.I.F.T. and Fundtech Payplus system.
PC proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel and Word. Typing a minimum of 50 wpm. Knowledge of ten-key by touch and general office equipment. Good math skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank employees, Correspondent Bank employees and various outside vendors. Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English. Poster- English
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.Supplement- English
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Rosemead, CA, USA