Technicien éolien - K2
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, strong initiative, a no-compromise focus on safety, and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Grease/torque wind turbines.
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge) and independently initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff.
- Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
- Complete, on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
High school or equivalent: and minimum of one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways.
- Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while working at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee weight subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment and required annually at a minimum.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
- Extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Working at 100m in height
- Confined spaces
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Famille d’emplois Field Tech
- Type de paie Salaire
- Kingsbridge, ON N7A 3X9, Canada