EnviroServe A Savage Company is a respected provider of a wide variety of environmental, electrical and emergency spill response services including but not limited to:
· Chemical Releases
· DOT Accidents
· Train Derailments
· In-Plant Releases
· Maritime Spills
· Leaking Containers
· PCB Remediation
· Waste Management
· Lagoon Closures
· Soil Stabilization
· Pit Cleaning
· Mercury Vacuuming
· Haz & Non-Haz Waste Transportation
· Confined Space Entry & Rescue
· Hole Watch
· Atmospheric Testing
· Meth Lab Clean Up
· Drum Recovery
We have a long history of working with regulatory agencies (EPA, FRA, OSHA, DOT) and have a broad client base from transportation to petro-chemical to utilities and colleges and universities.
Major Purpose: Environmental Technicians are first-line responders that are cross-trained to provide countless services to various industries. These services can include but are not limited to emergency response, remediation and high voltage services. They are expected to be available to respond to time-critical incidents, chemical releases, natural disasters, derailments and transloading activities, soil excavations and water-way responses among other activities.
Purpose: To identify pre-career candidates and provide them on-the-job experiences in the environmental services industry.
Safety, Health & Environmental
- Safety Training
- Incident Reporting
- Safety Supervision
- Hazard Identification
- Standard Operating Procedures / Job Safety Analyses
- Job Site Logistics
- Introduction to tools of the trade
- Site walks, driver ride-alongs
- Field experience
- Time Management & Communication
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Manifest / Bills of Lading
- Job Planning
- Budgeting and Finance
- Relationship Building (attending LEPC meetings and local Safety Council meetings)
- Customer Administration
- Report Writing
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Perform site activities as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters.
- Must have the ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions and be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities.
- Assist in the set up and tear down of job site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible to changes in the work schedule and be available to respond on short notice; willing to travel out of town for overnight projects.
- Strong personal and professional integrity and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces.
- Proficient use of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions and be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training).
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification.
- Currently enrolled or recently completed course of study in the environmental fields
- Mechanical inclination is helpful
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation required
Employees are frequently required to stand and climb or balance. They are frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to perform manual labor outside in inclement weather and in extreme conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, dusty and wet environments
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from stationary platforms at elevated heights
- On an as needed basis, must be able to perform duties while wearing the appropriate PPE which can include Tyvek, polyethylene or other protective full body suites and breathing through a full face respirator for extended times.
Team Members will be required to work outdoors and may be exposed to adverse conditions (including but not limited to rain and muddy conditions, rocky soils, snow and ice, extreme temperatures). Team Members are frequently required to wear PPE, such as respirators and protective clothing.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- North Canton, OH, USA