Railcar Mechanic Supervisor
Currently, there is an immediate opening for a Railcar Mechanic Supervisor, come join our valued team of dedicated individuals.
Railcar Mechanic Supervisors managing facility QA in absence of QA Coordinator, conduct inspections of rail cars and repair or replace defective and or worn parts.
For more information please contact Kiana at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-361-7755
Here are the benefits you receive when working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- We pride ourselves on providing our Drivers with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Facility QA Function as it pertains to M1002/M1003 as a Tank Car Facility Team Member
- Maintain a knowledge base of Association of American Railroads (ARR) regulations, corporate policies, industry best practices and customer standards to ensure continued and ongoing compliance with applicable quality standards and regulatory requirements
- Obtain approval from owners per 49 CFR 180.513 (b) as defined in 49 CFR 180.503
- Build and review car files per the Quality Assurance Manual
- Recommend resolution measures to remediate most pressing quality issues identified
- Identify ongoing structure and process improvements to reduce cost of quality while improving quality effectiveness
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, accepting or rejecting reports and materials for nonconformance data with a focus for continuous improvement.
- Maintains records and files related to quality assurance activities
- Facilitates root cause and corrective action processes with cross-functional operations team
- Flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays and be available to respond on short notice. Willing to travel out of town for overnight projects on short notice.
- Strong personal and professional integrity and be able to work independently or a lead a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, organization, leadership and supervisory skills. Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Physical Stamina to perform heavy lifting?manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces.
- Proficient use of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to carry out written and oral instruction and be able to meet the work schedule with Dependability and consistency
- Willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training).
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and/or post accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification.
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Drivers licence and reliable transportation
- Must be able to driver a motor vehicle and operate powered equipment
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsement preferred but not required
Team Members will be required to work outdoors and may be exposed to adverse conditions (including but not limited to rain and muddy conditions, rocky soils, snow and ice, extreme temperatures). Team Members are frequently required to wear PPE, such as respirators and protective clothing.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Toledo, OH, USA