Food Safety and QA Supervisor
We hire talented individuals who have a passion for ensuring we supply the best tasting, safest, and highest quality pretzel and corn extruded snacks all over the world. We supply to over 100 customers and have been in business for 40 years.
We are growing fast, so we're currently looking for a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Supervisor for our Plymouth location. With an additional 120,000 sq. ft. being added, we need the right talent to help ensure we continue to provide the best our customers could ask for!
Want to know more? Read on for perks, benefits, and a closer look at the role!
Perks & Benefits:
Health, Vision, & Dental insurance available Day 1!
Guaranteed life insurance w/additional life insurance option
Company matching 401K
Quarterly bonus eligibility
Team member appreciations & giveaways
What you’d be doing:
- Support improvement of the current quality assurance process
- This includes Quality Systems Review (QSR) process, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, address field complaints, and develop standard work instructions
- This includes food defense systems review process, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, addressing field complaints, and developing standardized work instructions
What it takes:
- 3+ years of food processing experience
- 1+ years in a Quality Management role with similar responsibilities
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to improve cohesion of the Quality department with other areas
- Ability to initiate and implement improvements with limited resources
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of industry best practices as it relates to FSQA
- Good problem-solving skills and corrective action/resolution skills
- Experience with Corrective Action Systems
- Must possess very good organizational skills
What we’d also love to see:
- Proven record working as a business partner in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience in working with decision-makers on business strategies and objectives
- Experience with ERP implementation and integration of current quality processes
- HACCP Certified
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field or equivalent experience
- SQF Practitioner
What’s the schedule? Thursday through Monday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular FT
- Plymouth, IN 46563, USA