Pharmacy, Professional, Pharmacy Analyst_B
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
Provides data analysis and projected utilization and costs for all lines of business and sub-groupings in aggregate for appropriate action. Performs monthly analysis of actual utilization and cost trends and compares/adjusts projected rates. Performs quarterly data pulls for rebate submissions and reconciliations. Evaluates and identifies inappropriate prescribing patterns from prescription and medical claims data for potential action by appropriate personnel. Coordinates paid claims data transfer between MVP and PBM, performing quality checks. Performs studies on data on previous and current utilization; downloading data from mainframe to PC; utilize software such as Excel, Access, business objects, McSource, and PBM programs. Evaluates and tests data; validates data; creates charts/graphs; summarizes results both verbally and in writing; identifies impact to organization from results. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience will be considered
Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in data analysis and report development.
2 years of work experience in healthcare/health insurance environment preferred
• Intermediate skills with Access and Excel
• Familiarity with downloading; word processing, database, and spreadsheet skills
• Exceptional organizational and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Superior attention to detail and strong project management skills
• Team player with ability to adapt to a fast-pace, changing environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of and working experience with Business Objects, Cognos
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Pharmacy
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America