Be a part of the transformation at MVP Healthcare. MVP Healthcare is a nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health plan. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont, and are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,600 employees. We are continually evolving the way MVP uses technology to grow our business, transforming the organization through Cloud Computing, Agile Delivery, and DevOps.
The Software Engineer is a critical part of this transformation. As a member of a Scrum team, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing applications for MVP. You will work with business and technology partners to deliver software solutions to support the business. You will also work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate the codebase and apply coding best practices.
- Needs the ability to develop quality software solutions for the business
- Demonstrates proficiency in both front-end and back-end development
- Engages in scoping and estimating processes to support roadmap and planning efforts
- Participates in backlog refinement, grooming activities, and Scrum ceremonies
- Utilizes Scrum best practices and processes to deliver quality work and on-time delivery
- Works closely with key stakeholders and Senior Engineers in designing solutions
- Contributes to all development efforts of the Scrum team
- Participates in code reviews
- Provides recommendations for continuous improvement
- Exhibits self-motivation to proactively drive a task or initiative to completion
Technologies and skill requirements:
Must have experience with: SQL Server, T-SQL, .NET, C#, front-end web development
- 2+years’ experience in software application development
- 1+ years’ experience workingin an Agile environment
- Experience supporting Agile planning and work estimation
- Ability to problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability and dedication to meeting aggressive deadlines while ensuring quality delivery
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Information Technology & Transformation Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 220 Alexander St, Rochester, NY 14607, USA
- 625 State St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USA