IT Strategy & Transformation, Professional, Enterprise Business Analyst
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
At MVP Health Care we are continually evolving the way we use technology to grow our business, transforming the organization through technology such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Cloud Computing, Agile Delivery, and DevOps. The Enterprise Business Analyst is a critical part of this transformation. MVP is looking for an experienced business analyst to work on our Business Process Automation (BPA) team to analyze, design, and implement improved business processes across our enterprise. The individual must have a service-oriented approach, strong communication skills, and be capable of effectively facilitating and establishing relationships across the business in order to increase the business value realized from the position. The BPA team helps drive process as well as strategic Operational Excellence initiatives to produce higher customer satisfaction and improved organizational efficiency. The role will lead processing mapping exercises to capture the as is and future state of operational processes. The analyst will also assure similar projects are executed consistently across various functions.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for driving key business process analytic initiatives to completion with limited supervision, while ensuring strategic business objectives are met.
- Successfully lead and influence cross-functional resources, often with competing priorities,
to ensure critical business deadlines are met.
- Meets with process owners, decision-makers and other key end users to define business
objectives, process implications and requirements.
- Identifies process or application issues, assesses alternative solutions and facilitates resolution of related issues/barriers.
- Leads analysis and design sessions aimed at prototyping new business processes in support of business objectives.
- Prepares and delivers reports or specifications that address functional requirements,
issues, alternatives and recommendations associated with the development of new
- Leads the planning, design and deployment of new or enhanced business processes.
- Provides orientation and/or training to end users for new or enhanced business processes.
- In conjunction with process owners, develops test plans and performs testing,including end user reviews for new or enhanced business processes.
- Be knowledgeable of standards, policies and metrics. Define and implement approaches that adhere to standards, policies and metrics.
- Maintain positive customer relations and overall customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology and automation to drive efficiency, effectiveness, data quality, and productivity. Work with business partners to understand
their needs and collaborate with them to develop solutions, innovate, and improve.
- Coordinates automation initiatives with the Sr. Leader, IT Business Process Automation and the business process owner.
- Help identify, promote, and drive activities that will reduce technical debt.
- Support continuous process improvement and innovation.
- Maintain confidentiality and adherence to regulatory compliance issues.
- Moderate travel between MVP offices, including overnight travel.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
3 or more years work experience in IT and related health care business.
3 or more years of business analytics experience.
Experience working in an Agile environment employing various Agile techniques (ex. Scrum, Kanban, etc.). Microsoft TFS experience a plus.
Demonstrated ability to lead change through people, process and technology.
Ability to motivate people to perform against defined objectives and to embrace accountability for their performance.
Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of the business, technical and end users.
Demonstrated customer service orientation.
Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills.
Proven ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
Ability to understand business processes across the company and recommend solutions to drive quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction across the organization.
Experience with systems analysis and design techniques; expertise with the Microsoft suite of tools including Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
Knowledge of health plan core business processes and operations a plus.
Knowledge of TriZetto’s Facets, Lawson, Care Radius and/or MACESS applications a plus.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Information Technology & Transformation Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America