Behavioral Health, Professional, Transition Case Manager - BH
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
This role will provide support to MVP members who are at risk for behavioral health or substance use readmission. MVP’s Transition Care team will outreach members during hospitalizations/rehabilitation and post discharge, to assist them in overcoming major “barriers to care”. This coaching is done through a variety of methods such as home visits and telephonic support, as well as video visits. The goals of the Transition Case Management team is to improve the behavioral health and substance use disorder health outcomes of these at risk members and to reduce MVP’s overall readmission rates. This role will perform assessments, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for their members to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes. Performs other duties as required.
Master’s prepared mental health clinician (LCSW,LMHC), or licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
New York State licensure required with previous mental health or substance abuse experience.
Case Management Certification preferred (ANCC or CCM).
Minimum of 2 years of recent mental health or substance abuse experience required.
UM or Case Management experience in a managed care organization is preferred.
Home Care Case Management experience a plus.
- Ability to professionally communicate with members, and all interdisciplinary team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge including an understanding of the case management process.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills including the ability to manage time wisely to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work in an energetic team environment.
- Experience with situations requiring strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Ability to solve problems while exhibiting clinical judgment and realistic understanding of the current environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding resource utilization, and quality of care.
- Must demonstrate understanding of clinical and psychosocial issues that may alter treatment or care plan and be able to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with emotionally charged situations
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Windows based applications, typing and internet access.
- The employee is required to have a current and valid state driver’s license and current liability insurance coverage.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Medical Management/Clinical
- Pay Type Salary
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America
- Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America