Associate, Provider Data
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Primarily responsible for the entry, management, verification and reporting of the MVP participating and non-participating provider data, with the objective of keeping all information relating to these providers accurate and up to date enabling accurate and timely payment of claims, accurate marketing and reporting, and effective recruitment of physicians. This includes daily data entry or updating of information in Cactus and/or Facets gathered from several sources, checking data entry for accuracy and resolving errors and discrepancies. Interacts regularly with the Claims, Credentialing, Network Development, Professional Relations and Marketing departments to determine necessary updates to the provider databases. Understands the structure of the database. May handle provider inquiries and provide customer service to providers and/or office staff as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
AA college degree in business or related business experience.
Two plus years experience in health care environment.
• Excellent computer and database skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent data entry skills including a high degree of accuracy.
• Detail Oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
• High degree of initiative and organization. Ability to work successfully in independent setting.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
• Willingness to work additional hours as required.
• Microsoft Access
- Job Family Provider Relations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America