Professional, Reporting Analyst
Status: Full-time, Exempt
This role is responsible for developing reports and analysis for consumption by internal and external department customers using a variety of company data sources in support of the information requirements for the Operations Department including Claims, Member services, and Managed Care Systems areas. Presents and explains results of analyses internally and externally. Architect, design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets. Interface with business customers and delivering complete BI solutions. Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders. Learn and understand a broad range of MVP Health Care’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets. Create custom reports/dashboards in SSRS or Power BI, Create database stored procedures, Solicit requirements for new requests, Create and execute test cases for reporting needs, Participate in team meetings and other administrative tasks. Assist co-workers when workloads need to be adjusted. Automate manual processes from the operations department. Ability to assist with design sessions for new products the team will create. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to regulatory compliance issues as they exist and change from time to time. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: 4 year college degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Experience with SQL programming language, SSIS, SSAS, or SSRS is required. Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts including ability to manipulate raw data into meaningful, objective information. Experience with Power BI is preferred. Familiarity with SCRUM and other agile methodologies preferred. Demonstrated ability to respond to internal and external customers’ business questions and/or requirements with succinct, accurate and timely informatics solutions with strong emphasis on a customer centric final product. Ability to provide technical expertise in the area of business intelligence and data integration.
• Exceptional organizational, written, verbal communication and presentation skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with a high level of autonomy and independence.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-pace, changing environment and to handle changing priorities and sometimes short deadlines.
• Exceptional customer-service orientation.
• Demonstrated ability to work and excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Job Family Claims/Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America