Directs all aspects of membership including recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Provide leadership to Member Services staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods within Association guidelines to achieve strategic goals. Assists the Family Center Director of Operations in the development of member centered programs and provides leadership role as assigned to the Annual Fundraising Campaign and key Family Center initiatives.
Division of Duties:
- 70% supervision and management of Membership for Mt. Trashmore and Town Center locations
- 20% leadership to Annual Giving and other special projects
- 10% association and family center meetings and/ or manager on duty assignments
- Responsible for development and execution of membership and marketing budget for Mt. Trashmore and Town Center
- Support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members through the creation of successful marketing plans and strategies to achieve financial goals of the family centers
- Supervision of all aspects of Membership at Mt. Trashmore and Town Center locations
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
- Works with the membership sales coordinator to prepare all marketing plans and monthly sales campaign strategies to ensure overall success for each monthly goal
- Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions
- Works closely with and follow the direction of the Vice President of Membership and Marketing to ensure standard delivery of the association membership agenda
- Implements sales and membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention/engagement of existing members
- Leads the center’s member engagement initiatives including the organization and development of a monthly newsletter sent out to all members
- Develops and leads monthly family engagement activities and special events
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction
- Develops and leads internal procedures to connect new and existing members with a wellness coach to enroll in the Activtrax programming
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates front desk procedures and communicates changes to staff
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues
- Coordinates effective communication plans with department heads to increase the percentage of members participating in additional programming
- Plans, schedules and leads all department meetings
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises membership staff
- Attends trainings as required, including YMCA New Staff Orientation, blood borne pathogens and child abuse prevention training
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
- Serves as Manager on Duty as assigned
- Leads assigned aspects of YMCA fundraising activities and special events
- Achieves goal for community gifts section of annual campaign
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, and best practices as outlined by the YMCA of South Hampton Roads or as directed by supervisor
- Incorporates the five core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith into all aspects of YMCA programs
- Maintains current CPR/AED/O2/First Aid certification
- Assists in all areas as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred which would include five or more years of experience managing exempt personnel
- Sales experience
- Supervision of a 2000+ membership unit YMCA or equivalency preferred
- Supervision of budget exceeding 1,000,000 +
- Demonstrated track record of generating leads and closing sales
- Strategically planning and tactical execution experience that resulted in achievement of goals
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Requires a person of maturity and good judgment, who can operate with minimum guidance from the Executive Director
- Requires ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, to assess facts and issues, and make non-routine decisions regarding day-to-day operational problems and issues
- Requires effective team-building and team-leadership skills
- Must maintain cooperative, functional relationships with senior leadership team, peers, and subordinates
- Must maintain a positive, energetic attitude toward YMCA work, goals, and values
- Must have ability to respond to emergencies, and to travel as needed for operational management, including on-site presence in managing major operational problems.
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond to a wide variety of constituencies, including staff, volunteers, members, program participants, vendors, community leaders, etc.
- Perform the duties of direct reports as needed
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physically able to successfully complete required job functions
- Walk, run, stand, climb, kneel, sit on the floor and get back up and stoop
- Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Lift and pull up to 50 pounds
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
- Physically able to successfully complete required certifications
- Perform the duties of direct reports
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Accountable for completion of assigned goals as measured by the number of people served, cause driven measures, service satisfaction scores, operating results, and supervisor evaluation of assigned duties.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
TO APPLY: Closing date of application is Friday, January 24, 2020. On the YMCA of South Hampton Roads’ Job Opportunities Page, at www.ymcashr.org, submit online application. Cover letter, resume and references should be uploaded in one document.
Internal Candidates – Currently active employees of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads should apply through Careers on the Employee Dayforce Account.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $36,327.00
- Max Hiring Rate $40,000.00
- Mt. Trashmore Family YMCA, 4441 South Boulevard, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America