Cordova - Membership Coordinator
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Coordinator works to ensure YMCA members and guests experience a safe and fun environment that helps them reach their goals. This position includes a focus on member recruitment and retention activities as well as staff leadership.
1. Assists in the implementation of membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Ensures excellent customer service and remains professional at all times when dealing with members’ confidential information.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members, including building tours, phone inquiries and community outreach initiatives.
4. Assists new Welcome Center and shift-supervisor team members with on-boarding and training, ensuring proper implementation of welcome center procedures and communicating changes to staff.
5. Responsible for generating the monthly Welcome Center and shift-supervisor team schedules.
6. Maintains a minimum of 10 hours/week of coverage at the Welcome Center and assists with scheduling and providing coverage as needed.
7. Assists in the implementation of membership retention events and creating the new member experience.
8. Participates in fundraising campaign.
9. Manages communications with member engagement and retention efforts.
10. Responsible for processing daily shift closeouts, cash reconciliations and cash/credit deposits.
11. Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment for the branch.
12. Executes other duties and responsibilities as required by branch leadership.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. A minimum of an Associate’s Degree and two years or more customer service or office
management experience preferred.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
4. Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
5. Ability to relate effectively and compassionately with diverse groups of people from all
social and economic segments of the community.
6. Ability to generate and implement creative ideas.
7. Ability to identify and anticipate problems and drive them to resolution.
8. Excellent customer service, project management and team leadership skills.
9. Understanding of basic accounting concepts and applications including cash reconciliation
10. Experience with standard business software and office machines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office/recreational environment. Intermittent sitting, standing, walking are required.
• Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise staff team.
• Averages 25-30 hours per week and includes some evenings and weekends.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $13.50
- Cordova, Memphis, TN, USA