Northwest Site Director
Childcare Site Coordinator Job Description
Hiring energetic, fun loving Site Directors for our after-school programs. If you enjoy working with children, be a part of something great and make an impact in your community at the YMCA.
Typical day for this role:
Once at the site you will work closely with the site staff, the School contact (Principal, Vice Principal or other) and the parents. You will operate the afterschool program, following Texas Health and Human Services standards & YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas policies, procedures and Operational Promises. You will manage activity scheduling, weekly lesson plan creation, enrichment activity and Homework/CATCH time implementation.
In addition to supervision of the after-school counselors and participants, you will also maintain, inventory and request supplies needed for your program. Every day you will ensure that program set-up and clean-ups are done correctly and neatly in order to meet school contracted guidelines.
The main objective for this role is to provide a safe environment and manage the well-being of each child and staff person at your site.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as first contact for Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Licensing Representative for visits, inspections, as well as follow-up with requested information.
- Report any staff or child accident/incidents or suspected child abuse injury to the Site Director as soon as possible. Will fill out appropriate report, make necessary phone calls, and follow all emergency procedures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, training, and any other meetings deemed necessary by the Program Director.
- Assist with drills to practice site-evacuation/emergency procedures for fire, chemical spill, tornado, etc., and is capable of implementing such procedures
Monday – Friday 2:00 PM – 6:00PM
- Must qualify for state license. (this link will provide more detailed information regarding the license) http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/Child_Care_Standards_and_Regulations/default.asp
- Minimum age: 21 years of age; Education: High School Degree/ G.E.D. or higher
- At least 1-year previous experience as a member of an afterschool program or other recognized facility with a Bachelor degree OR 2 years of full-time experience working in licensed childcare with at least 70 credit hours of training in child or youth development, recreational leadership or management without a Bachelor degree.
- A minimum of 6 months in a related supervisory role.
- Must complete First Aid, CPR, Sexual Harassment, and Child Abuse Prevention within the first 30 days and any other training deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry for a distance of at least 40 yards.
- Must have auditory and/or visual awareness of each child's ongoing activity as appropriate
- Maintain a good relationship with the local YMCA personnel to ensure our community connection to that branch.
An ideal candidate for this role will possess:
- Desire and ability to work with site staff and children.
- Ability to lead and supervise peers as well as participants in group activities, especially leading recreational activities.
- Basic appreciation and understanding of group management and child development.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Ability to creatively schedule programs, facilities, and staff.
- Imagination, a sense of humor, patience, conviction, sincerity, enthusiasm, initiative, self-control, adaptability, willingness to learn, integrity, and ingenuity.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.68
- Job Start Date Monday, October 14, 2019
- Job End Date Sunday, May 31, 2020
- Northwest YMCA, 5315 Boat Club Road, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America