Community School Coordinator - Violetville Elementary/Middle School
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Community School Coordinator, you will be responsible for the implementation, integration, alignment, marketing and coordination of school activities, events, programs and services that lead to student achievement, stronger families and healthier neighborhoods. You will partner with school leadership and the community school steering committee to create and implement the Community School Action Plan, periodic needs assessments and resource mapping for the school, students and the community. You will also serve as contact person for the school with community partners and will leverage partnerships to address identified issue(s) that impact the school community in the areas of physical & mental health, family support, community engagement, academics/education and youth development. As a Community School Coordinator, you’ll contribute to the Y and to our overall community by supporting and nurturing youth adversely impacted by the achievement gap.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being of school age youth, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, school administration and other Y associates
• At least two years of experience in community organizing or partnership building
• Prior experience conducting needs assessment, working in a public school setting and leading volunteers
• Prior experience working with chronically absent youth (preferred)
• Community resident (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in education or human services field. Master’s degree (preferred)
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Youth Development
- Pay Type Salary
- 1207 Pine Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21229, USA