HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Position Summary Description:
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to manager and supervisors on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s key drivers of performance, what it takes to service our customers, and how our people strategies impact overall business results. Ensuring the business units clearly understand our mission, core values and brand is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and input on business units’ structure and workforce planning.
- Performs a variety of tasks associated with the administrative support of the Human Resources Department.
- Partners with recruiting to fill open positions within designated business unit.
- Conducts full cycle on boarding for all new hires within designated business unit.
- Administer benefits and compensation plans with designated business unit.
- Consults with managers and supervisors, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Partner with Director of HR to resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions with managers and supervisors.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs and partners with TOPS on coordinating resources (25%).
- Ensures all HRIS systems are optimized and end users are properly trained on how to use them.
- Works with Payroll Specialist to ensure all leave requests are properly documented.
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
SRHM-CP or SHRM-SCP or PHR or SPHR Certification
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA