SALES SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (KONA/WAIKOLOA AREA)
Position Summary Description:
This position will be the main resource for the Senior Account Manager to increase sales utilizing accurate data and food service distribution knowledge. This position will ensure the highest level of customer service to our external partners by being solutions oriented and prioritizing customer requests, orders, and inquires. In order to create a mutually successful partnership this position will use food service distribution knowledge coupled with internal processes to complete tasks in a thorough and timely manner. Problem solving is a required competency to handle discrepancies, complaints, or shortages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the highest level of customer service to internal and external partners.
- Communicates, follows through, and delivers solutions to customers.
- Handles customer orders, product shortages, substitute solutions, and pricing discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Strives for accuracy in all processes including orders via electronic transmission, telephone or fax.
- Knowledge and following of guidelines in the ‘Customer Service Procedures Manual”.
- Knowledge and practice of telephone etiquette skills as outlined in the ‘Enhancing Telephone Skills and Technique’ handbook.
- Familiarizes customers with new products and specials within the immediate sales strategy as set by Alpha Team Plan.
- Sources products and coordinates internal resources to fulfill customer needs including but not limited to special deliveries, will call pickups, and vias.
- Proficiency in the use of all company proprietary software (i.e. PowerEnterprise, Powersell, Powernet, Insight, etc.).
- Researches and prepares price quotes.
- Follows up on credit terms and prepares sales contract for orders obtained.
- Organizes POS, product specifications, samples or catalog, and emphasizes saleable features.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of experience in customer service or related work experience. Foodservice experience a plus.
- Culinary background a plus.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 300 Kanoelehua Ave, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
- Kailua-Kona, HI, USA