Senior Case Manager (ETS427)
Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Senior Case Manager ensures that Case Managers deliver services to clients in a manner that is consistent with professional standards of case management, the contractual requirements of the funding sources and the policies, guidelines and shared values of Volunteers of America.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Services with three years of experience with a similar population of clients and one year of supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills, and the ability to work with multiple agencies.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Supervise Case Managers.
2. Lead clients through the intake and assessment process to provide orientation to the program and to identify needs.
3. Develop with clients a mutually agreed-upon service plan to address needs and attain desired outcomes.
4. Develop and maintain positive linkages with clients, internal and external agency services, generic community resources, and state/city liaisons.
5. Monitor client success through participation in case conferences, staff meetings, reviews of program plans, and development of discharge plans.
6. Document case management activities in a confidential, timely and concise manner
7. Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Department is fully staff, supervised and trained in Volunteers Of America Case Management model.
2. The client is informed of their rights and responsibilities as a participant in the program, an assessment is completed, and needs identified.
3. Specific goals and objectives are developed with the client in a comprehensive service plan.
4. Clients have access to a wide range of supportive services.
5. Goals, objectives and strategies are implemented or adjusted to meet client needs.
6. A record of services, outcomes, trends and recommendations for use by service providers and regulatory agencies is maintained.
7. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office environment performing administrative work.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or vendors. This position is sedentary and requires sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- New York, NY, USA