Executive Assistant (CAP301)
Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
he Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the VP of Strategic Initiatives of the Executive Office in achieving organizational goals and objectives. Work on independent projects assigned by the supervisor and Strategic Initiatives Department staff and exercises major discretion while handling materials of a sensitive and complex nature. Supervises other clerical staff or interns, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two years’ experience or satisfactory combination of education and experience. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work well with others, office management and administrative skills, and the ability to prioritize and take initiative on assigned tasks and/or projects. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite required with an emphasis on Outlook and Excel.
Experience with web-based databases (e.g., Yardi, Starta, Box.com). Detail oriented and the able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment is essential.
1. Provide administrative support to assist VP of Strategic Initiatives, conduct clerical duties, coordinate daily calendar, plan documents, plan appointments and
events, make travel arrangements, act as point of contact between executives, employees and third party vendors, manage phones calls and emails, respond
promptly to senior management queries, facilitate internal communications, and prepare memos to other documents upon request.
2. Supervise the onsite maintenance team (VOA-GNY, PBM, and external contractors), in collaboration with the Senior Director of Facilities and Construction
Management to ensure that the Administrative office is repaired and well-maintained to meet company standards and building regulations.
3. Serve as the Administrative Office liaison with the Property Management office to process maintenance requests, handle Administrative Office staff complaints
pertaining to the building, and manage and monitor the use of the freight elevator by VOA-GNY staff or third party vendors during regular office hours and after hour
time periods in compliance with the company policy and procedures.
4. Meet application and proposal deadline(s) by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval, entering and monitoring
tracking data, coordinating requirements with contributors, maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal writing requirements and standards
incorporating proposal support databases.
5. Perform basic bookkeeping tasks, including invoicing, budget tracking, and the processing of draw applications for payment for new construction and capital
improvement projects in collaboration with the Director of Asset Management.
6. Manage and update the department’s database of project records, documents and reports utilizing VOA-GNY approved electronic document management systems
(Starta and Box.com)
7. Coordinate and monitor departmental contract/agreement review and approval process (document tracking) for third party vendor in compliance with company
policy and procedures. Prepare and present to Finance Department fully executed contracts and related documents (W-9, Certificate of Insurance, wire-transfer
information, budget, etc.) with first request for payment.
8. Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. Supervisor and department are well-supported and assisted. Problems are resolved appropriately and communications are effective.
2. Administrative Office is maintenance staff are supervised and managed so that the Administrative Office is well-maintained and in good repair at all times. Assigned
staff/interns are well supervised.
3. Administrative Office work order requests are responded to in a timely and efficient manner, third party vendors are supervised and required work is completed in a
manner acceptable to VOA-GNY standards.
4. Data collection, proposals, applications and reports are completed on time, accurate and professional in appearance.
5. Important VOA-GNY property related documents are properly filed, maintained and secured.
6. Office operations are well-maintained including equipment, supplies and meeting schedules.
7. Related tasks are performed completely, on time and accurately.
- Pay Type Salary
- New York, NY, USA