Assistant Team Leader - Temp (JFK542)
Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience with a similar population or an associate’s degree plus two years of related experience. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Screen and process clients through the intake process.
- Assist clients with personal hygiene care.
- Supervise client participation in their daily routine, adherence to rules and observance of clients’ rights as specified by Volunteers of America and other appropriate agencies.
- De-escalate conflicts among clients through non-violent intervention.
- Report incidents involving client behavior, violation of rules, and criminal activities promptly to the supervisor.
- Interview clients to evaluate and individualize their immediate needs and gather background information for development of a psychosocial assessment and referrals.
- Supervise team members and case management as assigned.
- Make scheduled rounds of assigned area to safeguard clients and deter in-house crime.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Randalls and Wards Islands, New York, NY, USA