Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the operation of the program during the assigned shift.
High school diploma or GED plus one year relevant experience working in a similar capacity in a social services setting. Supervisory experience required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge.
1. Supervise all front desk staff activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
2. Ensure proper documentation of front desk activities.
3. Provide emergency assistance to residents as needed and supervise incident management system.
4. Monitor building safety.
5. Perform related tasks as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Front desk activities are performed accurately and completely.
2. Front desk activities are accurately documented.
3. Emergency resident needs are met and incidents properly documented.
4. Building safety is monitored and maintained.
5. Related tasks are performed as needed.
This is a part-time position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- New York, NY, USA