Assistant Manager, Human Resources (HAO251)
Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The assistant human resources manager is responsible for Sector Human Resources activities related to improving workforce productivity, quality, skills and flexibility to enhance overall organizational effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree plus two years relevant experience. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, possess strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
1. Supervise Payroll Coordinator and HR Administrative Assistant.
2. HRIS data management and processing of all employee transactions related to payroll, and ensures they are complete and within guidelines and policies
3. Manage training and continuous learning.
4. Benefit programs are communicated effectively to staff.
5. Ensure compliance with agency human resources policies and with external regulations.
6. Perform other related duties as required.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Sector payroll is accurate and submitted timely.
2. HRIS data is correct and up to date.
3. Employees are appropriately trained and target are reached
4. Employees are enrolled timely into Benefit programs.
5. Sector is in compliance with human resources policies as well as external regulations.
6. Personnel files are audit ready
7. Related duties are performed completely, on time and accurately.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- New York, NY, USA