Professional Relations and Outreach: Northwest Region
Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
Professional Relations position will cover the Northwest Region which includes: WA, OR, ID, MT, WY
Candidate Residency Base Preferred Location: Oregon or Washington
Professional Relations and Outreach personnel will be responsible to develop, nurture and maintain strong healthcare provider and institution relationships to drive patient referrals that enable Veritas to meet/exceed admission goals while continuously educating the marketplace on the need for access to care for those persons suffering from eating disorders
• Develop and execute written quarterly business development strategies/tactics to generate patient referrals within the designated territory to meet/exceed targets on a quarterly and annual basis
• Raise awareness of the Veritas specialty healthcare system and the full continuum of treatment programs and care available at all Veritas hospitals and clinics across the Southeast.
• Using strong relationship management skills, build and foster new business with high value potential referral sources, while actively maintaining productive current relationships.
• Develop and execute program-specific communications for targeted audiences to enhance program awareness, impact, reputation and admissions.
• Educate professionals in the health industry about eating disorders and Veritas Collaborative at events, conferences and through provider activities
• Fully responsible for all event/conference activities and outcomes with the assistance of the Marketing team
• Work independently with a high level of self-motivation and achievement of goals, and collaboratively as a participating member of the Professional Relations Management team
• Works with Regional Director to provide input and feedback on the specific tools, communication, message development and marketing to best reach target audiences
• Utilize the CRM system to daily input information and data within 24 hours of an activity to effectively manage provider relations and accomplish territory business goals Work in collaboration with the Marketing and
Admission teams to identify outreach needs and the development of materials.
Specific skills Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and interpersonal and teaming skills.
• Must demonstrate computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must demonstrate professionalism in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with colleagues, physicians and all referral sources.
• Ability to understand complex clinical information and translate it for multiple audiences.
• Knowledge of and comfort with general medical terminology specifically related to behavioral healthcare.
• Possess an understanding and familiarity with the operation of behavioral healthcare facilities.
• Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and discretion in dealing with confidential information – able to articulate behaviors to maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Must be a self-starter who is motivated, well organized, efficient, detailed oriented and exhibits a professional, friendly attitude in person and on the phone.
• Must be able to juggle multiple priorities with focus to achieve positive outcomes. Must be patient focused and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with co-workers and key stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
General Skills and Requirements:
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, and sexual orientation issues.
• Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean.
Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Adheres to facility smoking policy, safety policies and procedures, client rights, infection control policies and procedures, and drug free workplace policy.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
• Communicates the mission, vision, guiding principles, ethics and goals of the company.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 75%
- Pay Type Salary