Registered Dietitian, Manager of Nutrition
Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
Nature and Scope:
This position is responsible for management of all nutrition services at assigned Veritas site as well as well as implementation of the Veritas nutrition protocol and philosophy at the site. The Manager of Nutrition Services provides oversight of all registered dietitians within the facility, supervises the clinical treatment and care of all patients, and directs the overall nutrition program. Major
• Leads and manages dietitians for assigned facility and is the departmental representative for the dietitians to staff, patients, patients’ families and vendors.
• Ensures efficient and functional management of facility dietetic services by:
• Hiring and training dietitians for assigned facility within required and budgeted staffing numbers
• Onboarding dietitians with appropriate tools, resources and information to successfully perform their roles
• Schedules dietitians within ratios and budget
• Providing clinical supervision to dietitians at assigned facility
• Liaise with assigned facility chef to develop menus and culinary experiences
• Communicates and coordinates with assigned facility chef to ensure that all menus meet the nutritional needs of patients
• Collaborates with VP of Nutrition and Culinary Services to establish nutrition care policies and protocols that meet evidence-based nutrition practice for treating eating disorders:
• Contributes to nutrition care protocols based on evidence-based nutrition practice
• Trains dietitians at assigned facility to implement and practice using Veritas nutrition care protocols
• Trains dietitians at assigned facility to implement nutrition protocols and to provide high quality nutrition education groups
• Collaborates with Chef at assigned facility to ensure consistent and appropriate nutritional content of meals and snacks.
• In collaboration with Human Resources, provide supervision, support and coaching to employees. Other supervisory activities include (but are not limited to):
o Interviewing, hiring, goal development, onboarding and insuring continuous training requirements and compliance items are met.
o 1:1 and team meetings to discuss successes, challenges, new projects, innovations, company changes, etc.
o Timely coaching and disciplinary action (delivery and documentation), as needed
o Completing performance reviews for employees within company designated timeframes
o Maintain employee’s timecards in Payroll system, insuring the correct hours are accounted for, and paid-time off request are promptly addressed.
• Assists the VP of Nutrition and Culinary Services to develop quality monitoring activities to ensure excellence in dietetic practice for all facilities.
• Contributes to outreach activities.
• Provides active meal support and coaching, including participating in and completing meals with families and patients, and support all team members in doing the same.
• Carries a caseload of patients based on the needs and staffing of the nutrition department.
• Oversees budget and expenses for the nutrition department in collaboration with the Executive Director and the VP of Nutrition and Culinary Services.
• Participates in electronic health record system optimization, along with demonstrating proficiency in all electronic systems used by the nutrition department.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Strong and proven ability to lead others.
• Strong and proven ability to effectively present and train others.
• Demonstrates integration of current evidence and clinical judgement in conceptualizing nutrition care.
• Adequate understanding regarding the nutrition care process for the treatment of eating disorders.
• Implements nutrition care protocols with intent to insure consistent nutrition care which meets company standards across facilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with patients, families, peers and manager.
• Exercises good judgement regarding interpersonal interactions with patients, families, peers and manager at all times.
• Completes continuing education requirements as mandated by credentialing agencies.
General Skills and Requirements:
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, gender identity and sexual orientation issues.
• Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean.
• Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Complies with all organizational policies.
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Pay Type Salary
- RTP-Dietetics, 4024 Stirrup Creek Dr , Durham, North Carolina, United States of America