Sales and Operations Coordinator - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Serves as a liaison between sales and operations in assigned region/district/area.
Assists and coordinates with the sales department in an effort to increase efficiencies and revenue.
Coordinates movement of inventory internally and externally to promote best business practices within the area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates inventory movement of product in and out of region/district/area. (~30%)
- Creates and maintains reports of fleet activity for monthly maintenance cost by equipment type, monthly capital investment, fleet utilization by equipment type and other ad hoc evaluations.
- Ensures that fleet utilization in the assigned area is maximized by communicating location and movement.
- Works with Region Manager to control fleet size by providing data, evaluations, and recommendations. (~10%)
- Communicates with the sales team daily regarding needs and utilization. Works closely
with sales to evaluate specific customer projects with a financial focus to support decision making. (~10%)
- Tracks all assets within the assigned region/district/area.
- Tracks and compares FastTrack data with reality and corrects as needed. (~10%)
- Supports work process documentation and optimization. (~10%)
- Processes and tracks orders from manufacturing facility. Prioritizes repair list
with repair shops. Tracks delivery dates and communicates with team.
Alerts key people of slippage to determine if a new date is acceptable
or not. (~10%)
- Communicates order completion status to sales team and operations leaders.
- Reviews all sales orders for the district and compares the orders with contract requirements.
Coordinates with sales to resolve if requirements are not met. Signs off once accepted.
- Travels to customer locations as needed to support the sales effort. Builds relationships
with customers to promote additional products and services. (~5%)
- Facilitates freight forwarding of domestic and international shipments with regular contact to track shipments and to determine if priority shipments are required. Operates forklift to assist with warehouse activities. (~5%)
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred. Forklift certification and safety training preferred.
Knowledge of international logistics, customers and trade compliance. Understanding of common industry metrics such as cubic meters, revenue tons, metric tons, rudimentary export compliance, hazardous material quantities per conveyance, etc.
Typically, at least five years of experience in sales support and operations.
Experience with ERP (SAP preferred) and sales, inventory and logistics-related applications.
Asset and fleet management experience. Experience in the oil and gas industry strongly preferred.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- Odessa, TX, USA