Reliability Engineer - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Use knowledge of design, manufacturing processes, and dull modes to investigate product performance shortfalls, identify areas for improvement in processes and design, and generally support the development of the best products possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as point of contact, in assigned area, for customer complaints related to product performance.
- Investigate product performance concerns and perform root causes analysis of failures.
- Gather manufacturing and repair records.
- Provide direction on what level of investigation is required and how the information
needs to be document.
- Document findings and compile reports with support of Engineering,
- Inform necessary departments when changes to documentation/designs are needed.
- Work with Quality Control and Engineering to establish when a Corrective Action
Request is needed to address issues related to poor product performance.
- Provide support to Product Engineering in design reviews, recommend changes to new
product designs, if required, to improve reliability of products.
- Organize various training and workshops for reliability engineering processes.
- Analyze statistical field and run data to identify performance trends/issues; be proactive to potential customer concerns.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS
committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Materials Engineering, with five years’ experience related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- 4140 World Houston Pkwy, Houston, TX 77032, USA