Machinist II - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Sets up and operates a variety of manual machines such as radial drill presses, lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders, to machine metal workpieces such as, bits, patterns, machine tools, and die parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets-up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines including computer controlled machines.
- Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, and machines required by studying specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, damaged parts, or descriptions of parts.
- Plans and executes complex and difficult assignments using machine tools ranging from lathes to milling machines.
- Utilizes broad variety of metals and extensive knowledge of measurements.
- Trains other machinists.
- Participates/ learns the repair process and fill in as necessary in the repair of Bits.
- Demonstrates ability to read production schedule.
- Provides help to co-workers as needed.
- Observes Lean manufacturing principles within the department.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and HSE manuals.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a HSE committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
High school education or equivalent required, journeyperson license preferred, and five years’ experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA