Welder - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Under general supervision the
Welder will assist in lay
out, fit and braze (or solder) together components to assemble/repair PDC drill
bits using torch or welding machinery and flux.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of manufacturing work environments.
- Braze cutters into bit pockets according to approved work instructions.
- Prepare and clean the bit, cutters, braze area and associated supplies.
- Complete all documentation necessary for the braze process.
- Visually inspect the bit and cutters before and after braze operation to deliver quality product.
- Demonstrates ability to read production schedule.
- Application of material to repair the bit structure according to approved work instructions.
- Provides help to co-workers as needed.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
High School/GED diploma (U.S. or equivalent). Education requirements may be reduced if related work experience is two years or greater.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- 7315 S Revere Pkwy, Centennial, CO 80112, USA