Senior Accountant I - Management Company
The Senior Accountant on the Management Company Team will review general ledger entries, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash entries and accruals. Within this role, the Senior Accountant will also review and process payroll for multiple companies/clients, prepare financial statements and supporting packages on a quarterly and monthly basis, and work with auditors when needed. This position will require regular interaction with multiple clients and Management Company team members.
- Monthly/quarterly financial statement preparation for management and fund team to provide the client with an overall picture of the financial performance of the company
- Analyze deal schedules to track expenses that are reimbursable from the portfolio companies and then review related invoices
- Review monthly cash reconciliations to provide the client with a summary of cash deposits and disbursements
- Review or prepare and maintain various schedules and work papers that support the company’s financial and operational position
- Perform and analyze account reconciliations and general ledger entries
- Review Form 1099 for the company’s vendors for year-end reporting purposes
- Completion of special projects as required;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks and ADP;
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting, bank account reconciliation procedures, and payroll processes and procedures;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA