Cost Accounting Director
This position will develop, interpret and implement costing methodologies for use with inventories produced or acquired throughout The Wine Group (TWG) facilities. This includes valuation of incoming grapes, wine, barrels and outside processing services. This position will be responsible for and speak to the flow of inventory assets throughout the company’s financial statements.
- Demonstrate mastery of the company’s Inventory chart of accounts and serve as reference for the “where”, “when” and “why” questions of inventory costing and tracking.
- Ensure that the inventory automatic accounting instructions (AAI’s) within TWG’s ERP system are consistent with the company’s cost accounting methodology.
- Develop and lead team of inventory analysts responsible for creating & validating inventory costing and tracking & reporting on inventory within the company.
- Train/supervise staff to validate and maintain the inventory related AAI’s in JDE.
- Track, report and resolve variances related to production of wine.
- Oversee Bulk Wine Sales forecasting & reporting and develop pricing recommendations.
- Develop significant parts of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with follow-up on performance against the plan.
- Manage the inventory segment of the annual financial audit.
- Provide analytical and general accounting assistance within the department as necessary.
- Develop team members to take on higher level (technical & responsibility) responsibilities.
- Interface with IT department as cost accounting contact for current and future projects related to organizational or departmental initiatives. This includes addition of new IT modules as well as on-boarding new facilities or functions resulting from acquisitions.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Four-year degree in business, accounting or finance
- Post-graduate degree or professional certification
- Minimum of three years management in manufacturing accounting or equivalent
- Must have a high aptitude for analysis & account reconciliations
- Ability to supervise and develop others in professional environment
- Computer skills in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of three years working in costed ERP system
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- This position may require some light travel and extended hours
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
At Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 S. Tracy Blvd., Tracy, California, United States of America