Director, Production Budgets & Analysis
This person will speak to the capture and inclusion of all operational budgeted dollars into the company’s inventory standards, performance against those standards and recognition of inventory variances generated in the process. This will include developing and adapting costing methodologies for use with inventories produced or acquired throughout The Wine Group (TWG). This person will coordinate and direct the financial analysis of all new product proposals and serve as the lead Finance partner on the Corporate Brands Team.
- Partner with operational managers on production related spending with goals of cost containment, improved efficiencies, transparency within the function and improved flow of costing data.
- Demonstrate mastery of the company’s Inventory chart of accounts and serve as reference for the “where”, “when” and “why” questions of operational budgeting.
- Develop and refine meaningful measurements of production cost statistics that can be tracked and used as key performance indicators (KPI’s) through inquiry and observation.
- Based on production data captured, costs absorbed into inventory and performance against budgeted spend, make changes to standard overhead rates, make recommendations for the recognition of variances and incorporate reporting to appropriate levels of operational management.
- Coordinate costing information for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) using multiple sources within and outside of the department.
- Partner with the Corporate Brands team in developing new product initiatives that deliver profitable returns to the company and best utilize the company’s asset base and access to supply.
- Perform regular assessment of prior new product initiatives to measure both success of project and accuracy of the decision criteria used.
- Contribute to the redesign and build of existing financial analysis models used to model financial viability of new products and line extensions.
- Review and direct updates to factors used in financial analysis models.
- Lead team of analysts responsible for operational budgets and new product initiatives.
- Oversee areas of product data management and packaging component costing.
- Provide analytical and general accounting assistance within the department as necessary.
- Develop team members to take on higher level (technical & responsibility) responsibilities.
- Ensure team resources and time are used efficiently and effectively with a focus on team execution of deliverables in line with deadlines.
- Remove roadblocks for the team and escalate issues as required, clearly communicating risks to work delivery.
- Interface with IT department as cost accounting contact for current and future projects related to organizational or departmental initiatives. This includes addition of new IT modules as well as on-boarding new facilities or functions resulting from acquisitions.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Four-year degree in business, accounting or finance
- Post-graduate degree or professional certification
- Minimum of three years management in manufacturing accounting or equivalent
- Must have a high aptitude for analysis & account reconciliations
- Ability to supervise and develop others in professional environment
- Computer skills in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of three years working in costed ERP system
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- This position may require some light travel and extended hours
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 S. Tracy Blvd., Tracy, California, United States of America