Behavioral Health Specialist
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and reporting to the Team Supervisor, The Behavioral Health Specialist participates in the clinical team by providing care and care coordination to individuals with mental health needs. Provides integrated care by ensuring that whole person health needs are met, including primary and behavioral healthcare, as well as substance abuse services. Works collaboratively with other team members. Uses care coordination skills with individuals, their families, and both internal and external providers to ensure seamless care. Links client to health promotion and wellness activities and helps to make linkages to community services. Maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients on his/her team in meeting the biopsychosocial needs of the client.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides community psychiatric support and care coordination which includes health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, individual and family support, and referral, linkage and advocacy relative to community resources.
· Conducts level of care assessment.
· Provides services to clients as related to social determinants of health including, but not limited to:
o Housing/Neighborhood/Environmental needs
o Social Supports/Community and Peer needs
o Economic needs
o Education and Vocational needs
· Regularly monitors client status and service utilization to ensure that appropriate level of care is maintained.
· Works with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and performs treatment plan reviews and updates.
· Communicates vital treatment information from external providers to The Centers treatment team in order to coordinate client care.
· Works on a multidisciplinary service team, in collaboration with Nurses, Physicians, and Pharmacists to achieve positive client health outcomes.
· Actively assists clients in obtaining and maintaining comprehensive healthcare.
· Attends medical appointments with clients as needed. Transports and/or accompanies clients to appointments as needed.
· Provides ongoing communication to client, healthcare teams, and client’s support network to ensure follow-up and coordinated treatment.
· Performs basic administrative tasks related to the job, which includes but not limited to:
o completion of clinical records, forms and reports
o completion and posting of progress notes within 24 hours of service (Policy P207.00)
o completion of daily tracking log
o completion of required weekly billable hours
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a mental health related field. If in a related field, must have two years care coordination or case management experience.
· A valid driver’s license in the State of Ohio with access to an insured vehicle for client transportation.
· The ability and desire to work closely with other team members.
· The ability to form effective therapeutic relationships to engage clients in the mutual assessment of problems and goal-setting, and to help coordinate care plans from initial contact through end of service.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· The ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions
· Demonstrated clinical skills, and an ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
· An awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the populations served.
· Prior experience working with SPMI adults.
· Using creativity and a drive for results, act as a liaison for the client to receive community resources.
· A working knowledge of the stages of growth and development and family dynamics.
· The ability to understand and accept a team approach to service delivery, and agency and program philosophy and goals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment and the community. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA