This posting is inactive.
The Centers for Families and Children Counseling or Social Work Internship
The counselor, art therapy or social work intern will be responsible for shadowing and providing psychotherapy services including mental health assessment, treatment planning, individual psychotherapy sessions and possibly group psychotherapy or group psychoeducational health and wellness sessions with in the Health and Wellness department.
Education: will have a bachelor degree in a psychology, social work, sociology, art therapy or related field. Must be actively enrolled in a master’s degree education program in social work, counseling, art therapy or marriage and family therapy.
*Will have completed course work in diagnosis, theories, group process
*Will obtain and maintain a CT or SWT status while working with clients
*Will demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
*Will work cooperatively with other team members following The Centers values system
*Will discuss clinical readiness to work with client population, show organization and prioritize tasks
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Mental health assessment shadowing and completion of MHA upon task supervisor awareness of preparedness and understanding of DSM-5 or IDC-10 diagnostic criteria.
2. Individualized treatment plan development
3. Maintain a client case load completing psychotherapy in accordance with educational body requirement and expectation based on supervisor evaluation of preparedness
4. Attend and participate in regular supervision sessions a minimum of one hour per week of every 10 hours of client care delivered
5. Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as available
6. Complete agency documentation of The Centers clients in accordance with ODMH and best practices standards