Pharmacy Technician - West
Under direct supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician performs a wide variety of pharmaceutical services including medication preparation and distribution, inventory, and billing. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing the majority of the technical functions in the Pharmacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully attained Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) status through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with access to an insured vehicle.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience as a Pharmacy Technician, 2-3 years preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform duties assigned by a licensed pharmacist. Areas of work are checked routinely for maintenance of quality control. Work is conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of practice following departmental procedures and policies as outlined in the pharmacy operations manual.
- Read and interpret physicians orders received in pharmacy, prepare unit doses, label individual patient envelopes for dispensing to the nursing unit; work verified by licensed pharmacist.
- Pick up and deliver medication orders and drugs; assure that the pharmacist is informed of the delivery; remove discontinued drugs from stock, communicating this to the pharmacist. This includes the delivery of medication to client’s residence along with administering telehealth sessions.
- Make sure pharmacists are aware of any returns, so they are processed accordingly.
- Keep records appropriately. Communicate with pharmacy manager on such issues.
- Check and remove outdates meds on a routine basis to ensure that no deteriorated meds are in stock. Keep records accordingly.
- Assist with billing by using appropriate computer function, reason codes and dates for charging and crediting as billing will need this information to be correct for reimbursement purposes.
- Commit to continuing education by attending training and keeping up with policy changes.
- The successful candidate shall display dependability, flexibility, reliability, team playing, and accept supervision.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client, staff and agency-related data in accordance with The Centers policies.
- Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and be organized
- Demonstrates proficiency with computers
- Flexibility in day-to-day actions and duties
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rocky River Dr, Cleveland, OH, USA