Health Assistant - Early Learning
Under the direct supervision of the Health, Dental and Nutrition Manager, the Health Assistant Provides support in addressing the health needs of children, and network with community providers to ensure the completion of medical and dental screenings. Participate in team meetings for children with health issues. Refer families to providers for treatment, provide technical assistance to center staff, and assist in health and safety education for staff and parents.
- Associate’s degree and or certificate in Community Health, Health education Specialist or related health field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years of health related experience preferred.
- Operating standard office equipment, and adhering to safety practices.
- Good attendance record and reliable.
- Current driver’s license and an insured vehicle.
- No record of child abuse or moral turpitude as determined by background check based on fingerprints.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate medical and dental screening systems including scheduling dates with providers, working with agency staff in compiling screening lists, collection of results and forwarding data to parent’s/service area staff for tracking.
- Assists and participates in the implementation of mandated screenings (e.g. hearing, vision, etc.)
- Communicates effectively and work collaboratively with Health Manager, staff, and parents regarding health care needs and concerns for the purpose of referring children in need of further medical/dental treatment.
- Performs record keeping and work duties under strict confidentiality (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance to parents/staff during team meetings for children with special needs that are health or nutrition related.
- Be available to agency staff regarding health, dental, and immunization issues.
- Assist the Health Manager in assessing and arranging training in areas of concern as well as training
required by agency and licensing.
- Monitor children from identification of need and help their family to develop strategies to improve their health and wellbeing in conclusion of treatment and transition from program.
- Network with area providers to facilitate exchange of information on screening procedures, referrals for service, and availability for training/technical assistance.
- Assist the Health Manager with the development and execution of public health initiatives and special
- Schedule and attend Home Visits with families as needed.
- Assist the Health Manager with the development and execution of parent and staff trainings.
- Attend training, workshops, and meetings related to program performances.
- Establish/maintain a system of collection and distribution of screening information with Family Service Workers, Managers, component staff and when needed, contracted providers.
- Completion of child’s medical and dental screenings, including vision and hearing screenings, within 45 days of enrollment and ongoing as needed to maintain in compliance with Program Performance Standards.
- Attend and participate in any team meetings, staff meetings and/or workshops deemed necessary by job requirements and/or component Coordinators.
- Works with Health Manager to prepare and plan health education strategies, interventions, programs and provide trainings to agency staff /parents on health related issues.
- Meet with Family Advocates to identify and plan for parents with children with current health issues.
OTHER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Focus on Quality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers.
Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
This position does not supervise any position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA