Conducts general repairs, maintenance, or construction as directed by Construction Manager on various SugarCreek construction projects and housing units. Works with the Construction Team to complete repairs, maintenance, and other assigned work safely and efficiently to meet deadlines and perform work to construction specifications and within application building regulations and guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to complete various construction projects and building maintenance, including, but not limited to, drywall construction/repair, roofing installment/repair, concrete finishing, electrical, and plumbing.
- Prepare and clean job site daily to allow clear access to site and to avoid any potential hazards or delays.
- Perform routine building maintenance on company housing units and conduct any necessary repairs as needed.
- Perform manual labor in preparation of various construction projects, such as digging trenches, pouring cement, loading/unloading construction materials and equipment, and other types of manual labor as needed.
- Complete routine safety training as required by Construction Manager or on-site Safety Team.
- Ensure proper safety and incident reporting procedures are always followed.
- Put away all tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards or theft.
- Work with subcontractors, other SugarCreek employees, and other third parties as needed to complete work safely and efficiently.
- Communicate frequently with Construction Manager regarding the progress of each assigned task, providing updates on progression and notifying Construction Manager of any potential issues, risks, or concerns.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Degree or equivalent (GED).
Experience: Two to three years of experience in construction, maintenance, or related field.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to operate various tools and construction equipment safely and efficiently.
- Able to perform various repairs and maintenance on basic building elements such as drywall, roofing, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions and multi-task efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to read and strictly follow safety procedures.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with construction/general laborer positions, including lifting objects weighing up to 60 lbs., using tools or machines for extended periods of time, and performing other manual labor as needed. Other physical activity includes using stairs, standing/walking as required, and moving items weighing less than 60 lbs. as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Most work is performed outside on a construction site or at company housing units. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and other necessary equipment. Little work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and other necessary equipment.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America