Perform routine troubleshooting and preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently. Perform electrical, mechanical and hydraulics repairs. Install equipment. Tear down, clean and rebuild equipment on a daily basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Initiate and complete work orders using the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment in operation and troubleshoots accordingly.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Repair broken or defective parts/equipment, which may include grinding and welding.
- Tear down, clean and rebuild equipment on a daily basis to ensure compliance with general safety and food safety requirements.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment and supplies to and from work stations and other areas, including transfers from other facilities.
- Assist in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor, production department and Plant management, as needed.
- Follow all applicable rules and procedures, including Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO), Confined Space Entry, Arc Flash, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), and other related programs.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess the skills needed to repair, maintain and troubleshoot machinery.
- Able to use critical thinking and problem-solving to identify solutions or approaches to problems.
- Knows machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Possess basic understanding of frequency drives, motor starters, overloads, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and other electrical circuits.
- Able to work at heights and in dangerous places within close proximity to heavy machinery.
- Able to work safely with hazardous chemicals and wear personal protective equipment as required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
EXPERIENCE: 2 years of experience in industrial, electrical or mechanical experience
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE: None required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Dayton, 4249 Beerman Ave., Dayton, Ohio, United States of America