Deli Cheese Specialist
This is a part time job with potential to become full time.
Cheese Specialists have extensive product knowledge, understand the basics of wine, cracker, and cheese pairings, and help in all areas of the department, including mozzarella production. Cheese products are prepared according to standards and customer preference, including cutting, weighing, and packaging a variety of cheeses. Team members work safely and adhere to all food safety and sanitation standards in each area of the department to provide customers with the highest quality cheese.
• Cut and prepare cheese products, while safely operating equipment
• Exam cases and products, being mindful of production dates
• Maintains, fills, and rotates products in display cases
• Prepare production list
• Provides excellent customer service by greeting and responding to customers
• Adhere to all health, sanitation, and safety regulations
• Assist in other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience (include knowledge, skills, and abilities):
• 18 years of age or older
• Safely use/operate knives, cheese wire, wrapper, and scale
• Great customer service
• Good oral communication skills
• The position requires frequent walking, standing, pulling, and lifting of 45lbs or more and occasional pushing and reaching
For more information on working at Stew Leonard’s click on the link below!
- Job Family Food
- Job Function Retail Grocery
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part Time
- 3475 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, USA