Savage Services Corp. is currently hiring for an Electrician to work as a member of the Savage Services Maintenance Team responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and controls for the coal and oil field operation at Savage Energy Terminal in Price, Utah.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical problems as they arise and repair or replace as needed. Troubleshoot instrumentation problems on the facility and mobile equipment to repair or replace as needed
- Troubleshoot PLC and field device systems. Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and controls
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Learn and partner with the Maintenance Supervisor to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping
- Other general maintenance duties as required, could include changing conveyor rollers, greasing, etc.
- Collaborate with team members outside of the electrical department, including operations team members, maintenance personnel, coordinators, and management to ensure the overall success of the operation
- Candidate must have a good understanding of customer service
What you need to be successful:
- Surface MSHA electrical papers
- Candidates must be willing to be on call 24-7
- Understand electrical schematics, PLC and/or HMI programs, Sequence of operation
- Understanding of instrumentation, VFD Drives, and field devices
- Understanding of the industrial process and how the different components in such a facility interact. (Conveyors, Train Unloading System, Crushers, Feeders, Pumps, and Crude racks)
- The electrician must be able to read, write and understand English, have basic math and computer skills and be able to follow written and/or verbal instruction
- A successful electrician must have a willingness to learn, and a sense of urgency in performing tasks/duties
- Verifiable experience in material handling operations is desirable. Mechanical and/or welding skills is a plus
- General electrical contractor experience is a plus
- Heavy Equipment operating skills is a plus
- Team Member must be an individual that is reliable, honest, professional, with a positive can do attitude
- Set the standard for safety, professionalism and performance.
- Possible shift work
- Capable of walking on inclines, climbing stairs/ladders, and lifting 100lbs
- Work out of a man lift 135’ and off of structures up to 240’ high.
- Climb ladders up to 120’ high while carrying back-pack with tools and parts
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Price, UT 84501, USA