Operator - Rail Transloader
The Operators responsibility but not limited to is to safely and efficiently manage the unloading of incoming sulfur railcars, spot the sulfur railcars and assist in the general maintenance and cleanup of the plant and equipment at our Morenci, AZ operation.
- Daily inspections of railcars, tractor-trailers, and equipment to ensure safe conditions and operation
- Railcar/transfer preparation, including installing bolt-on/bolt-off fittings, making hose connections, taking product samples, housekeeping of the facility
- Conduct numerous transfers of liquid bulk chemicals from tank cars to tank trucks each day
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and facility
- MSHA experience and exposure a plus but not required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior experience handling bulk hazardous materials a plus but not required
- Able to work outdoors year round in all conditions, able to walk several miles per day, able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance, able to climb/stoop/crawl
- Must be able to work on elevated surfaces
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Morenci, AZ 85540, USA