Terminal Operator - Sulphur
- This position is full time rotating shift work. Those interested must be willing to work overtime as workload dictates, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Operate process equipment
- Conduct boiler inspections
- Tank field surveillance
- Understand/perform loading procedures for various transportation methods - Tanker, Ship, Barge, Truck, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and storage tanks
- Equipment operation (skidsteer, forklift, etc.)
- Perform inventory management
- Complete logs/documentation as it relates to monitoring/operating process equipment
- Operator of heavy machinery a plus and desirable (Bobcat, forklift, front end loader, etc.)
- Steam / boiler experience also a plus
- Possession of a TWIC card ID required OR ability to obtain one
- Becomes an active participant in safety program
- Willing to do any and all tasks that require attention
- Work well in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years' Material handling
- 3-5 years' Equipment operation
- 3-5 years' Industrial setting (refinery, plant, etc.)
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Possess basic math skills
- Must have strong mechanical skills, experience working with your hands
- Prior experience handling hazardous materials a plus
- Able to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment at all times including use of supplied air respirators
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Able to work outdoors year round in all conditions
- Possess excellent mechanical skills
- Able to walk several miles per day
- Able to lift 50 lbs without assistance
- Able to climb/stoop/crawl
- Able to work on elevated surfaces
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Galveston, TX, USA