Fleet Deckhand - Inland Marine
The primary responsibility of the Fleet Deckhand is to safely support Savage Marine Fleeting Operations.
- Work directly with vessel crew and shore-side staff to ensure they have the skills and resources necessary to achieve the company’s goals
- Handles lines, tie up barges in fleets or to docks
- The Deckhand will build and break tow using all necessary equipment
- Conduct onboard maintenance, repairs, and upkeep
- Chipping and painting
- Oil changes
- Lubricating machinery and equipment
- Maintaining and ensuring the quality control of the motor vessel’s Preventive Maintenance System
- Inspects machinery, equipment
- Conducts on-site surveys of vessel equipment to determine maintenance and repair needs
- Must Pass 5 day entry level Deckhand class
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC
- Must have a valid/current driver’s license, no exceptions
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends
- Reside within 60 miles of Bridge city, TX preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 40 feet
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridge City, TX, USA