Terminal Operator - Sulphur
The primary responsibility of the Terminal Operator is to perform and operate facility equipment related to Savage’s Port of Tampa Terminal – a facility dedicated to receiving, storing and transloading Sulphur.
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures to support zero tolerance safety objectives
- Operate/maintain equipment including boilers, tanks, transloading and other mobile equipment
- Complete and maintain required daily paperwork
- Housekeeping duties, including shoveling, washing down of work areas, and keeping offices, restrooms, break rooms and work rooms clean and tidy
- Assist Maintenance personnel, as needed and directed
- Physically able to handle large tools, climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights
- Maintain company objectives and expectations in the absence of the Facility Manager and Operations Manager.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required to maintain safe and efficient operations.
- Must have a current TWIC.
- Experience in bulk materials, flow control and terminal equipment.
- Proven ability to focus on details, follow work rules and adhere to work schedules.
- Experience with OSHA guidelines, policies, and procedures
- High School Diploma required.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to manage confidential issues.
Must have the ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position:
- Work in an environment containing sulphur odor/dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments.
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders.
- Must have ability to wear required PPE.
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA