Track Maintenance Foreman
Savage’s Maintenance of Way Team is dedicated, results driven and
customer focused, always communicating to find a better way.
Their “team first” mentality results in a collaborative work environment that provides top-notch customer service. Be the difference!
Savage is looking for an experienced Track Foreman who will be responsible for leading a specialized team in planning, organizing and managing our rail operations, insuring track maintenance, track inspections, upkeep on MOW equipment is done in a safe, environmentally friendly, and efficient manner. Coverage could include sites in WY, CO, UT, MT NV, KS, IA, TX, ID, LA and other sites as assigned.
Local Position - Based in Salt Lake City, UT area (must live within 50 miles of SLC)
* You will be traveling about 70% *
Starting at $56k (based on experience)
- Cost effective management of track maintenance, track inspections, MOW equipment upkeep
- Manage customer contracts and rate structures
- Identify opportunities to expand and develop new business
- Develop and execute a business plan (including budgeting, projecting, variance analysis, and cost management)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Team Members, Customers and Vendors
- Manage daily communication with customers for scheduling and other issues to ensure a smooth and safe operation.
- Promote a safety culture where each employee has the value and attitude that unsafe behaviors and conditions will not happen on their shift
- Work with administrative systems to support meeting deadlines
- Set an example of professionalism and customer service
- Hands-on leadership with operational and technical skills to ensure that "best practices" are being utilized
- Create a team environment where people exhibit professionalism and cleanliness and experience professional and personal growth
- Ability to hire, train, treat right
- The ability to develop and build successful teams and bench strength
- Develop systems to maximize the effective utilization of people and equipment
- In depth understanding of rail track maintenance and track inspection/assessment to ensure that our people, equipment and material are utilized to full potential
- Approximately 70% travel required to assigned locations
- A positive leader with the ability to be proactive in problem solving, making decisions, organizing and directing people, and utilizing coaching techniques for improving behaviors
- Hands on, hard-working, self-starter
- In-depth knowledge of Track is required
- Must have leadership skills to ensure Team Members follow procedures at all times even when no one is watching
- Possesses experience and knowledge with;
- Track maintenance of way operations
- FRA Track Safety Standards and Railroad operating/maintenance rules, GCOR
- OSHA, 1910 General Industry
- FRA, CFR 49 (Transportation/Engineering)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and other company personnel
- Proficient in computer and operations (spreadsheets, word processor, powerpoint and email operations)
- Effective time management skills
- Dynamic personality to lead employees and put safety first
Possesses experience and knowledge with:
- 5+ years of railroad industry/track maintenance and hands-on experience required
- One year or more of supervisory or management experience
- College degree preferred
- Must be able to work outdoors in various climates and all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Should have the ability to use basic hand tools
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 70
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA