The Financial/Safety Coordinator will work with the Operations Managers to ensure the financials of the business accurately reflect conditions and manage day-to-day office responsibilities at two sites: the Martinez, CA Handling Operation located within the Tesoro refinery and the Martinez Transportations site.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- The Financial/Safety Coordinator will work with the Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager to ensure the financials of the business accurately reflect conditions, manage the day to day office responsibilities and assist with safety efforts at the Martinez, CA operation located within the Tesoro refinery and remotely for the Wasco Fuels Terminal located in Wasco, CA
- A primary objective of this position is to insure that company internal controls policies and procedures are performed accurately for auditing purposes
- Daily Input, and ensure the accuracy of daily operational metrics (Operation departments (4) and general ledger codes) for two job sites (Martinez/Wasco)
Manages Accounts Receivable, Aging Reports, Accounts Payable, Payroll, etc.
- Manages customer security accommodations for visitors to Savage operations
- Assist Manager with Safety and Milestone recognition functions during the year
- Have the ability to master new computer systems and help with the Maintenance tracking and reporting
- Savage Reporting Systems (DOBI and OBI)
- CMMS (Infor Enterprise Asset Management) Savage maintenance program
SAP – Tesoro Maintenance Management System
- Be the onsite Safety Coordinator for refinery CASC meetings
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate records
- Prepare proper requisitions (“TWO’s” Tesoro Work Orders) for parts and labor for Tesoro’s approval and billing
- Maintain SDS for all materials used at each facility
- Manage uniform account for all employees at each facility
Train Right & Treat Right
- Be committed to Safety and participate in the Safety Program at each operation
- Be trained as a Safety/Lead Safety Specialist
- Understand the need of the employee and what can be done to ensure employees perceive they are treated right
- Be the point person for People Development manuals, handbooks, posters, and benefits orientation
- Employment Laws – Serve as a resource to monitor and reinforce compliance with employment laws
- Culture Perpetuation – Assist others in understanding the Savage way of doing business and fair treatment of employees
- Assist management in the development of training material and, as necessary, present training to employees during communication/safety, new hire orientation and other meetings.
- Document and track training records for all employees at each operation
- Develop a strong understanding of the Savage S7 and S7i focus areas
- Will have daily contact with Operations Manager, Maintenance Technicians, Operations personal and General Manager. Must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills and understand his/her role in meeting the major objective of providing “Best Value-No Worry Service” to our customer
- Must be capable of communicating with all levels of the Savage organization
- Must be able to communicate the needs, objectives and direction of the operation/company in a way that everyone feels like part of the Savage team
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a servant-leader attitude, promote team work, delegate tasks related to their responsibilities, and keep everyone working in a positive direction
- Proficient in practices of organization, planning, records management, research, and general administration
- Ability to “think ahead” and anticipate needs of Operations/Managers/Employees
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, with a positive, win-win attitude with all team-members
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Fundamentals of Customer Service
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher
- Dependable and shows up for scheduled work shift
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times, that reflect the company philosophies
- Will follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage and keep work area clean at all times
- Accounting/Office management educational background or equivalent experience
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (minimum)
- Coordinator will work on-site at the Savage facility located within the Tesoro refinery
- Must be capable of lifting 45 lbs and wear appropriate dress as set forth in the operation
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Martinez, CA 94553, USA