Driver - Class A CDL - Up to $5K Sign-on Bonus!
Are you tired of over the road jobs? With Savage, you can be home every day!
Savage offers local routes, where you are home each night and have consistent time with your family and friends. Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
If you are ready to join our team, please call 301-334-1250.
*** This position offers a $5,000 sign on bonus!
The major responsibility of the Class A CDL Driver is to safely and efficiently transport material from mines and power plants.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material from mines, power plants
- Utilize the Class A CDL
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew; understand our critical service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Ensure impeccable customer service and utilize strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- On occasion they may be asked to assist another operation on a temporary basis
- Potentially participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver:
- Class A CDL is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Willingness to work days or nights and willing to work weekends
- Must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Will frequently need to climb in and out of the truck as well as up and down ladders
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Oakland, MD 21550, USA