Safety - SH&ESupervisor
MANAGER - SAFETY, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENT POSITION AVAILABLE!
Savage Services Corporation in Blaine, WA, is currently hiring! Great pay and benefits!
We are looking for a Safety, Health & Environment Manager who will primarily provide strategic direction to Savage’s SH&E plan for their rail and transloading terminal in BP’s Blaine, WA Refinery.
- Lead in safety; particularly will provide guidance and leadership to the operator-lead Safety Specialist and Lead Safety Specialist teams
- Foster/Support a proactive SH&E process towards incident prevention, including trend analysis
- Along with Operations Manager, lead operations efficiency testing and observation efforts for Savage
- Participate in the Contractor Safety Council, working to continuously improve safety among refinery contractors, including Savage
- Represent Savage at BP Refinery safety meetings and functions and ensure that action items are implemented
- Work closely with the Operations Managers, the Group Director of Operations, the Group Director of SHE&Q and others to implement all internal safety-related auditing measures (S7)
- Serve as the knowledge bank of policy regulated by agencies such as OSHA and the FRA; ensure compliance and interface with such agencies as required
- Work with all team members to develop and deliver procedural and regulatory training
- Lead post-accident investigations
- Work with manager to develop a strong “return-to-work” program for the operation
- Serve as Incident Commander during emergencies; available 24/7 for such emergencies
- Interface with BP’s Safety Department at the Blaine, WA Refinery on all SHE related issues
- Share safety related learnings across operations in order to assist in developing safety culture
- In-depth knowledge of petroleum products, particularly in how it behaves during storage and transportation; emphasis on rail and pipeline transportation
- Broad knowledge and understanding of safety, including a mix of, OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations, and American Petroleum Institute guidelines
- Experience motivating employees toward a culture of safety
- Proven ability to analyze situations and data to make sound decisions
- Comfortable in front of a group: whether it’s training frontline employees or presenting a safety plan of action to a the customer
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite with the ability to navigate Savage’s internal reporting system for statistical analysis
- Excellent written communication skills for writing reports, trainings, proposals and more. Writing must be concise and exact
- Impeccable integrity
- Detail oriented and self-starter
- Responds well to high-pressure situations
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect
- Embraces and teaches company culture
- BA/BS required, preferably in SH&E or related field
- 4 to 7 years as a Safety Professional in a refinery, oil and gas or other industrial environment
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent preferred
- A desire to work in the field alongside operators
- Comfortable working in an industrial/refinery environment and the hazards that accompany it: exposure to all weather elements, climbing on top of and underneath railcars, inspecting facilities and systems within Savage’s scope, lifting 40-plus pounds, walking long distances on uneven ground and more
- Can travel on occasion and for extended periods of time
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- 7969 N Texas Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA