ATB Chief Mate - Offshore Marine
The primary responsibility of the Chief Mate is oversee cargo operations and deck maintenance onboard the vessels.
- Maintain timely completion of preventative and corrective maintenance tasks
- Responsible for procurement of spare parts and consumable items for the deck department
- Responsible for the condition and readiness of fire fighting, lifesaving and safety equipment
- Ensure that cargo watchstanding requirements and related management system procedures are implemented
- USCG Licensed Unlimited Tonnage Oceans Chief Mate
- Must have Tankerman PIC – Liquefied Gas (LG)
- All Required STCW endorsements for an AT/B capable of foreign voyages
- Must have a valid TWIC card and Passport
- Other certificates and endorsements as deemed required for the operation and by Savage Marine
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven and effective manager and leader
- High School diploma
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- ABS Nautical Systems NS5 experience preferred
- Familiarity with EMD and CAT engines
- Must score a “fair” or better on the Savage Marine crew physical form “Strength and Flexibility Test”.
- Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Donaldsonville, LA 70346, USA
- Freeport, TX 77541, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA