Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Supervisors and Transload Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
Savage CANAC Corporation, an established supply chain solutions company, is seeking an Operations Supervisor who will partner with the Operations Manager to successfully lead and manage the transloading and rail services Savage provides at a rail terminal in Bruderheim, Alberta.
- Mentor and coach a workforce to be skilled in rail operation and transloading crude and unit train capacities, including the development and execution of site specific procedures
- Lead in Safety by setting an example, establishing consistent procedures, conducting training, praising safe behavior, correcting unsafe acts and building a culture of safety
- Spend time in the operation, working alongside Team Members as they load railcars and perform other related activities
- Communicate with the Operations Manager on any operational problems or issues and provide an accurate daily report
- Work with the leadership team to create a culture of safety including the building and empowerment of a Safety Specialist team
- Establish a strong relationship between Savage and Cenovus in a way that creates value and provides opportunity to elevate our relationship with them and other terminal customers
- Work with the Operation Manager to develop and execute a business plan (including budgeting, projection, variance analysis and cost management)
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship between Savage and the servicing railways (CN and CP) to ensure smooth operating and switching services
- Work with the Logistics to maximize the operations efficiency through proactive logistical planning
- Serve as liaison between Savage and the Cenovus maintenance team on any maintenance issues and ensure Savage’s responsibility in maintenance is fulfilled and the facility operates as it should
- Provide leadership in execution of the Savage System, including all elements of the S7
- Understand BETL’s key requirements and ensure that they are met. Define with Cenovus and formalize these goals.
- Assist in hiring, training and developing the transloading and rail operations teams and ensure their specific needs are met
- Work closely with the Cenovus Operations Lead and Logistics to ensure Operations Excellence. (This is a collaborative role where communication is key to overall success.)
- This will be a rotating shift. Must be available 24/7
- Proven ability to promote an empowered culture of safety where safety and environmental issues are held at a premium
- An established servant leader with the ability to develop, mentor and build a successful team and bench strength
- Management experience with responsibility for developing and executing operating plans
- Background in relationship management where timely and effective follow-up and follow through with customers, employees and company was a key to success, (do what you say you're going to do)
- Knowledge and experience in the oil and gas environment, particularly crude supply chain experience by rail
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining positive relationships with the railroads
- Logistics and transportation history including a proven ability to organize people and equipment
- Good written, oral and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and other company personnel
- Self-starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies.
- Manage manpower with to align with production and budget.
- 2+ years supervising and leading a team in one or more industries: oil and gas operations, rail operations, transload operations
- Understand scheduling and be proficient in Microsoft Office /Excel
- Safety Specialist or Lead Safety Specialist Training is preferred
- Balance time between field and office location
- Exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme cold
- Mechanically inclined
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Able to lift 50+ lbs
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0, Canada