Class A CDL Driver - HAZMAT (Local Routes)
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
Safely operate a tractor-trailer to handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport molten sulphur from a local facility to the customer and back-haul phosphoric acid.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current CDL with HAZMAT, Tanker and Doubles and Triples endorsements required
- Two years of experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled; willingness to work nights
- Professional demeanor (safety conscious, quality of job performance, cleanliness, and verbal communications)
- Experience driving in the snow and ice
- Able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks and successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Change a flat tire
- Climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Drive and work in adverse weather conditions and apply snow chains to tires
- Hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
For more information, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Texas City, TX, USA